Thursday, February 16, 2012

124.45 W | 38.85 S: First Entry, Last Day

Sky: Clear
Air: Cold (One inch)
Conditions: Deep snow

It feels good to move the pen across the page and once again record my movement through the world. Of course, I haven't moved yet; my bondstime does not officially expire until Terce tomorrow, and until then I am still trapped on the grounds of this manor. Lord Beldakar will not allow me the grace of an early departure, even though he has no use of me any longer. One more night will not kill me, not after so many nights wasted watching the stars from the same spot every day, like a becalmed vessel.

Becalmed. To be calmed. That is why my cousins sent me here, to learn to control the wildness within, the wildness that came not from the stars but from the spaces between. And that I have done - in a manner, to an extent. Enough if this calm. Tomorrow I put this place and Shaegrove behind me and once more seek emprise and geste. I hope I can find some.